Isn’t there some flipping brilliant songs out there, that either want to get you up and groovin’ or at least up and movin’. I absolutely love music, I’m no good at playing any instruments much to my parents despair…but I still love it. I have songs that I associate with good people, good walks, good times and even bad times. So what are my top faves?
- Ed Sheeran – Shape of You: I’m quite a slow runner and I find this is great song to get me started to go for a run.
- Giggs – Lock Doh: Now this is pretty gangster (for me) but I flipping love it to go for a run. Its got a steady beat throughout so is perfect to keep at a consistent pace.
- Azealia Banks – 212: Simple – it’s bumpin’ 😉
- Walk the Moon – Shut Up and Dance: I dare anyone to hear this and not want to get up and move.
- Usher – Yeah!: You can’t deny the power of Usher and to be fair this is a bit of a tune.
- Skrillex and Diplo feat Justin Bieber – Where are U now?: I’m not a Belieber as such but I do love the drop in the beat when I’m out dancing or on a run, seems to make me take larger strides. God knows why!
- Bee Gees – Stayin’ Alive: This probably has a lot to do with the fact that te Bee Gee’s was my first gig but, come on who doesn’t move to this song when it comes on?!
- Clean Bandit – Stronger: The lyrics keep me going when it’s tough up hill part of the run!
- Body Rox feat Luciana – Yeah Yeah: The production on this tune is just ace.
- Justin Timberland – SexyBack: Oh my jesus. When this song comes on I am instantly jiggling my legs and singing. I absolutely love it!
I honestly believe the right music track can make exercise fun and help you get through it, so if you need that bit of motivation I would totally recommend you pulling a playlist together or just nicking mine! I don’t mind 😉 just ask yourself these questions:
- Which song makes you feel like you can tackle any task, big or small?
- Which one empowers you, or inspires you?
Hope you found it helpful! Until next time 🙂
Lots of love,